With the advent of online job-hunting in the twenty-first century, we have seen multiple job boards and job matching services crop up. While some of them are popular worldwide, some are well known in the regions or niches they operate in. A job board can even be started in a day if you have the right tools. You need a continuously updated data-feed for which you can go with a DaaS provider like JobsPikr, an automated job-discovery tool built by our team at PromptCloud. Once your data-feed is arranged, you will need to use a job-board software to get your job board up and running. While there are several job board software used in the market today, we will be focusing on the most popular ones and we will be mentioning differences in key areas such as – cost, features, support, trial period, clients, support for mobile app/website and additional benefits.
- SmartJobBoard is a flexible job-board software that comes with multiple features which would help job board owners, companies who want to post new jobs, as well as job applicants. It has 5 different minimalistic themes that come with the standard package. It allows auto-parsing of resumes so that the fields need not be filled separately by applicants and can be auto-filled from data in the resume.
- EjobsiteSoftware is another job-board software that comes with a full application-tracking system. You can create a fully functioning job board website with a custom homepage, along with an applicant-tracking software, and iOS and Android Apps.
- Any job board created using MatchWork will start with a white-label job board to which you can add features that are all constantly upgraded. Ready-made designs and templates exist but you can also choose your design patterns in order to stand out. They also provide statistics on daily usage and traffic on the website.
- With no software installation required, if you are using JobBoard.io, your job board can be up and running in minutes. The entire tech-stack is handled by them, so you do not need to worry about a thing. All you need to do is sign up, select a domain and start your board. New features will get added to your job board timely and you will be able to take advantage of the SEO ready templates too.
- For a highly custom approach, you can choose to go with JobBoardMount, which is a comprehensive and fully customizable job board software, that can help you create a responsive and mobile-ready job board. You can use a template or create a custom template. It comes ready with social media integrations.
- For SmartJobBoard, their Basic pack will cost you $179/month and will get you all the basic features. With the $299 premium pack, you will be getting 5 job auto imports via XML feed link and some advanced features such as multiple admin login ids, auto-resume parsing, and use custom fields in job-listings. There’s also a custom Enterprise version with migration assistance for which you will need to contact sales.
- EjobsiteSoftware comes at $600, with ten built-in themes, 5GBs of annual hosting memory, iPhone and Android apps, Social Login, SEO/Marketing strategies and also other customizations.
- No information is present about the cost of MatchWork’s services.
- JobBoard.io comes at $249/month for the basic plan with email job alerts for 500 subscribers, payment options via Stripe and Paypal, and unlimited custom pages and blog. The professional plan comes at $349/month and includes an additional administration to help you manage your job board. There is also an enterprise edition that is available for a custom price. It comes with special features such as API access.
- If you are looking for a hosted solution, the monthly fees are $325/ month, and there’s an initial activation fee of $4950. There are also additional charges for custom design, SEO, spider and more. In case you want a standalone license, it will cost you $6500 for the encrypted source and $9500 for the full source code which you can both edit and host.
3. Existing Clients
SmartJobBoard has clients that include TrulyHired, JobsInMaine and ChiroRecruit. EjobsiteSoftware has built hundreds of job boards which you can check out here. MatchWork boasts of multiple Job Boards such as SydJob and Ofir. JobBoard.io has a separate webpage where they boast of the different job boards that they have built in the form of various case studies. JobBoardMount is the only software in the group that sports big industry names such as SalesForce.
4. Trial Period
You can use SmartJobBoard and JobBoard.io for 14 days for free before actually subscribing to their services. No trial option is available for EjobsiteSoftware, MatchWork, and JobMount.
5. Special Features
- SmartJobBoard comes with Mailchimp integration by default. So if you need to send emails to your job-applicants or companies advertising on your website, you can do that easily, without the need for any new integration. It also helps you to create a copy of your job board on a Facebook Brand page. This would provide more exposure to your job posts. They also allow API integrations, so if you are using a DaaS provider like JobsPikr to provide you with a continuous feed of jobs, you can use the APIs to make sure the data is automatically populated in the website.
- EjobsiteSotware provides features such as searching for jobs by duration, US Zip code, resume management dashboard, newsletter integration, and separate control panel for job seekers.
- MatchWork provides an import CV from LinkedIn option since most people have their latest updates on LinkedIn but not on their resume. They help build job boards that are highly connected to social media. For example, you can auto-publish on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter thereby saving a lot of time for the social media team.
- JobBoard.io makes sure that all your blogs, webpages and listings are SEO optimised, and include semantic structuring, sitemap generation, user-friendly URLs and more.
- When using JobBoardMount, you can get XML feed for job postings from top job aggregators like Indeed and ZipRecruiter. Flexible APIs are offered for adding other features such as 3rd party integrations, batch upload of bulk job-feed, etc.
6. Support for Mobile app/website
SmartJobBoard claims to use responsive templates which would make websites designed by them, work flawlessly across any screen sizes. EJobSite offers source code of Android and iOS applications to help you set up mobile applications for your job board. MatchWork, JobBoardMount and JobBoard.io also claim to build job boards that are fully responsive and automatically adjust to any screen size. MatchWork adds that the functionalities on the mobile view are supposed to be the same as the one on a desktop.
These were some of the commonly used Job Board Software and the different features and distinctions among them. As we saw, most of them offered certain features while some features were offered only by one or two. The differences among them have been highlighted so that when you need a job board software, you have some data to back up your decision.